Best of Jackie on the Web Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best of Jackie on the Web Forum

A Jackie Evancho Fan-Moderated Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career?

+9
batdog
dyoung
Fantabulosa
Spudchucker
JackieandBuffyfan
Neelix99
xxxtexan
hartshog
bristol
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bristol

bristol

Brian Bain (Zetrower) opened this question in another thread and Admin asked if I could move this here -- obviously they haven't a clue what they're doing yet!Evil or Very Mad 

I have a question for Jackie Fans. I think the biggest divide amongst fans is how they view Jackie Evancho's future direction. This divide is at the heart of many arguments, it seems to me. Here is the question.
WHICH DIRECTION DO YOU WANT IN YOUR HEART FOR JACKIE EVANCHO TO TAKE--A CLASSICAL WAY TYPIFIED BY RENEE FLEMING OR A POP/CLASSICAL DIRECTION LIKE SARAH BRIGHTMAN?
A follow up question might be, "What direction do you think Jackie WILL take?
Thanks John for this forum. Good luck.
***Z

2What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career? Empty Jackie's Career My Hope Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:34 pm

hartshog

I love her offerings, in most days I have found peace in her sound. Her tone and diction carries the song for me.

But, I wonder when we are to expect a JE brand? You know songs she will sing that were written for her. More of the arias we have grow to love. Well even her sound, creating an image of love, peace and maybe care for humanity.

My concern is she will tire, covering others work, and loose interest in pleasing her inner artist. I was at the Atlanta concert, May 30, her appearance was beautiful but her interest seemed to be less focused. But, hey I am just a fan, possibly saw inaccurate images.

I want to tell all, Jackie is wonderful and I hope she makes a new CD soom.

bristol

bristol

Like you I'm totally smitten by Jackie's singing. And like you I worry that she doesn't always hit the moon. I guess it should be no surprise that it takes real effort to be great and that sometimes Jackie's just not up for it.

David Foster said that it's easy to be merely good but being great takes a lot of work. He was speaking about Jackie when he said that.

xxxtexan

I think Jackie chose the classical crossover route because her voice was adaptable to it. Singing in Italian is also easier for her even though she barely understands the meaning of her words in foreign languages. The pop songs she covered before choosing the classical crossover route are good, in fact I love them. There is no reason Jackie cannot go the pop/country route and be as great or greater than singers like Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, or even Taylor Swift. This is a short list, there are many others. However, that being said, I believe the Evancho's are want to stay the course and allow Jackie to sing in the classical genre.

Neelix99

Personally  I hope she stays on the classical crossover route. On YT I saw reaction for to sing gospel/hymns. I sure hope that she doesn't do that. Although I love her voice I don't want to listen to gospel/hymns.
It seems that any song she touches sounds so much better than the original.
From the first time I heard her in AGT I've been following her. Her voice and personality really appeals to me. I hope she stays grounded and friendly as she is now.

(I'm Dutch so forgive any typos and grammatical errors)

JackieandBuffyfan

JackieandBuffyfan

honestly..  I want Jackie to do whatever makes her happiest..  I know that I will love whatever she does..  cheers 

now if that would include moving to my hometown and doing all her concerts here, then that would make me happiest..  Very Happy

Spudchucker

Spudchucker

Agreed with JackieandBuffyFan- While I do very much enjoy the artistry of CC music, what keeps me listening to Jackie is her voice, and I tend to enjoy everything she has to offer because of it. Whatever that magical series of harmonics is that comprises her voice, THAT is what I want to hear. And since her best stuff comes from singing what she wants to sing, I will happily follow along with whatever she feels like doing

Fantabulosa

Fantabulosa

I also would like to see Jackie pursue anything that makes her happy. It seems to me that one of the things people love about Jackie is her enthusiasm for singing, but what were any of us dreaming of between 8- and 13-years old? Likely not one single thing, and not for the entire 5+ years, so I would find it remarkable that anyone her age could sustain the same level of interest for that long, let alone all the way into adulthood.

This is not to say that Jackie won't, but even assuming that being famous and in demand still drives her, she's still as subject to changes of heart as anyone her age. In response to early questions about whether she would like to pursue acting, Jackie's answer was fairly consistent; singing came first, singing was her passion. In at least one recent interview, her answer was that she would like to pursue acting and singing, with what seemed to me to be equal emphasis. If true, this is just a normal adolescent having normally evolving aspirations. She may take on interests that are closely related to singing, without abandoning the art, or she could, say, be cast in a dream acting role, receive critical acclaim, and catch that bug.

As for what I'd like to see her do in the future? I have to admit, I'm really interested in seeing more acting. Like Robert Redford said (in a way that he explained, and we understand), "just look at her!" She's proven to be a natural, and as Piers Morgan said, she's "got it all."

Back to singing, I'm eager to hear what her post-adolescent voice is going to sound like. Increased power is something I'd like to hear from her, and I think it will happen. Her voice is so exquisite and produces the most unusual sounds that just melt me into my chair, but I miss that kind of "holy smokes, where THAT come from?" power she had at ages 10-11+ that would blow circuits. Very soon now (I predict by 14, give or take a month or two), I think we will hear her taking on a different repertoire. My preferences aren't that specific, although I definitely would not like to see her do gospel or country. But again, anything that make her happy.

bristol

bristol

Fantabulosa wrote:I also would like to see Jackie pursue anything that makes her happy. ... But again, anything that make her happy.

Great post Fantabulosa. It's kinda lonely here!

dyoung

My answer is simple. I think she will and I hope she does stay the classical crossover route, much closer to what Sarah Brightman has done than Renee Fleming.

11What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career? Empty Thinking maybe? Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:20 pm

batdog

I don't think they have turned Jackie's voice on yet. Do to injury. I have noticed Jackie sings best when she disappears
into the song. If you watch you can see her take a second to come back. I hope she saves her boom till her voice matures an she keeps her ability to get onto the song.
  I believe her uncle, with help, wrote her a song but I don't know who owns it. I to would like to see her do a CD of her own songs.

12What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career? Empty More Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:22 pm

batdog

Jackie's uncle Matt Evancho wrote To Believe. Matt is a doctoral candidate in musical composition at LSU. I'm not sure if you were aware of this bit of info. Jackie wrote parts of Dream With Me.  It was then given to a lyricist. So I wish the family could pull together to supply a complete CD. Maybe the Hat Lady will become a writer. AKA Rachel Evancho.

jagoro

jagoro

xxxtexan wrote:I think Jackie chose the classical crossover route because her voice was adaptable to it. Singing in Italian is also easier for her even though she barely understands the meaning of her words in foreign languages. 

We know well that Jackie is a perfectionist. I can not imagine they would sing a song and did not know what it is, just because it is in another language. Italian she has a family, definitely knows what songs are in Italian. Other languages ​​have no problem to translate, so why she would not understand what he sings? Her interpretation Imaginer is perfect, I think she knows what it is. Perhaps it would be interesting to hear her opinion on the matter. Could someone had to ask in an interview.

bristol

bristol

jagoro wrote:
xxxtexan wrote:I think Jackie chose the classical crossover route because her voice was adaptable to it. Singing in Italian is also easier for her even though she barely understands the meaning of her words in foreign languages. 

We know well that Jackie is a perfectionist. I can not imagine they would sing a song and did not know what it is, just because it is in another language. Italian she has a family, definitely knows what songs are in Italian. Other languages ​​have no problem to translate, so why she would not understand what he sings? Her interpretation Imaginer is perfect, I think she knows what it is. Perhaps it would be interesting to hear her opinion on the matter. Could someone had to ask in an interview.

When Jackie was younger, her mother didn't bother to tell her the translation of the songs word for word. She said in interviews that she understood in general what the songs were about, so I suppose her mother must have told her that much.

Now that she is older, probably she looks up the translation herself.

15What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career? Empty A model for Jackie? Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:38 pm

bristol

bristol

Not just because I like her singing, but also because she sings songs Jackie could own, I think Alison Krauss is an excellent model for Jackie Evancho. I don't have in mind the country dimension of her singing, but rather her precise, beautiful enunciation, her gentle, well-considered phrasing, her lovely upper register. Jackie is capable of all this and more. Alison's choice of songs is also something I have in mind: Jackie would do well with a number of songs on Krauss's Away Down the River album.

gfink2

I still would like to hear her sing Led Zeppelin's Kashmir (even an understated arrangement) so I guess that would be the direction of Sarah Brightman. And it wouldn't have to be that song, but I'd like to hear some expansion in that direction. If it were all up to me. 

I really enjoy her discs so far, but I think it would be nice to hear a CD with a little more bite to add to the canon. Just to give her a little more variety in her repertoire to draw from. Not that I have any complaints. Ultimately, it will always be best if she's singing what she wants to sing.

17What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career? Empty Jackie... Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:17 am

Cupid

I'll try to remain supportive of Jackie and her career. The short answer would be that I'd think she would try to emulate an artist like Sarah Brightman. Of course, Jackie will always be Just Jackie, and sing quite well, I'd think, whatever she chooses to sing. I can imagine an album where she might move smoothly from a country-type song choice (That's the Way Love Goes- Merle Haggard) to folk ( Leavin' On A Jet Plain ) to Prog-Rock ( Heart Of The Sunrise-Yes ) to Classical (The Flower Duet with Sumi Jo ) to Jazz ( Vera Cruz- Flora Purim ) to Religious (Simple Gifts- Alison Krauss and Yoyo Ma), to Celtic ( Molly Ban-Alison Krauss with The Chieftains ) to something from someone like Joni Mitchell or Neil Young ( All I Want, Real Good For Free, Circle Game, Birds, Expecting To Fly, Heart Of Gold).Neutral

jagoro

jagoro

I'll add my idea: Jackie sings songs that she wrote and composed the music for them, Matthew Evancho.bounce

nuc7804

nuc7804

I am so jealous of Maggie!  If we could only know what Maggie knows?  It is very hard waiting to hear what Jackie is "kicking butt" on in this Twitter picture:
What Direction Do You Want To See Jackie Take Her Career? BfGFZ97CcAArbpx
jackie evancho@jackieevancho Jan 28
Kicking butt on this original in the studio this week. See my dog Maggie watching me at the bottom She's my best baby pic.twitter.com/bqM3VWRV2D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum