Best of Jackie on the Web Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best of Jackie on the Web Forum

A Jackie Evancho Fan-Moderated Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Print a Post

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Print a Post Empty Print a Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:39 am

Willyiam

Willyiam

What is the procedure to print a single post?
I can't find a Print button!
Also, what if I want to print just a selection of posts?

I know that you'll think I've gone off the deep end, but, as I type this, there is no Draft button, just Preview and Send buttons.

I got here by clicking on the New Topic button on the Ask Admin page.

Also, shouldn't the author of a new post see the Orange dot?

After I posted, went back to Home, clicked Refresh and there only a Blue dot on the forum where I posted
and Notifications had not been updated.

Last edited by Willyiam on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added lines)

2Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:17 pm

bristol

bristol

nWillyiam wrote:What is the procedure to print a single post?

I know that you'll think I've gone off the deep end, but, as I type this, there is no Draft button, just Preview and Send buttons.

After I posted, went back to Home, clicked Refresh and there only a Blue dot on the forum where I posted

i think the poster does not see the orange button bcause he already knknows there is a new post

3Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Willyiam wrote:What is the procedure to print a single post?

Hi William,

I hate to admit defeat on anything, but on Print and Draft, I'm afraid I have to. There is no way for me to gain access to that page's code to add them. 

Forumotion (the folks who own the code) are aware of these oversights, but they've not yet done anything about them. 

There are ways to print posts, messy ones, that don't rely on this template. You probably already know about them, such as, press Ctrl + P on your keyboard.

http://bestofjackieontheweb.com/

4Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:03 am

Willyiam

Willyiam

I looked at the Help on Forumotion and I came away with just what you said; They know they need a Print button, but......
The way I found to Print single Posts is to Select the text(Shift/Left Click/Drag) and then CTRL/P. On my xp pro system, I then have to click the Selection box  in order to print what I selected.
To Print several selective Posts, Select the first with Shift/Left Click/Drag then change to CTRL/Left Click/Drag to Select the rest. 
Also, on your post, you included my quote as a blue lined box. How do I do that? I tried the quote button, but that just displayed a Post Reply box with all the quotes.
One more thing: On the home page, down at the bottom of the page, right side, there is an underlined button (Who is online?) Pressing the button takes you to a map of the world with pushpins representing the geographic location of those that are online.
Clicking on a pushpin will show the User Name of that pushpin.
I live in South Carolina but my pushpin thinks I live in the Midwest somewhere.
Just an observation!!

5Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Willyiam wrote:I looked at the Help on Forumotion and I came away with just what you said; They know they need a Print button, but......
The way I found to Print single Posts is to Select the text(Shift/Left Click/Drag) and then CTRL/P. On my xp pro system, I then have to click the Selection box  in order to print what I selected.
To Print several selective Posts, Select the first with Shift/Left Click/Drag then change to CTRL/Left Click/Drag to Select the rest. 
Also, on your post, you included my quote as a blue lined box. How do I do that? I tried the quote button, but that just displayed a Post Reply box with all the quotes.
One more thing: On the home page, down at the bottom of the page, right side, there is an underlined button (Who is online?) Pressing the button takes you to a map of the world with pushpins representing the geographic location of those that are online.
Clicking on a pushpin will show the User Name of that pushpin.
I live in South Carolina but my pushpin thinks I live in the Midwest somewhere.
Just an observation!!

Good morning, William. Thanks for the instructions on Print. 

Another Print option, very simple. Block the text you want to print; right click; press Print. 

If you want to print quotes from multiple posts, press the Mulit-Quote button (lower left), block the text, right click, Print. 

On preview, I see that your quotation is indeed in a blue-lined box. You see something else? Do you press Reply or Quote? What browser do you use?

Regarding location, is it possible your IP address is from somewhere in South Carolina? On the map, I'm properly located.

6Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 am

Willyiam

Willyiam

Don't tell me this is another application that only works with IE!!!
I use Firefox and will never use IE for security reasons. IE is a hackers dream.
When I press the Quote button, I see a "post reply" box with all the quotes inside blue lines and a brown background. There is no way I can pick just one quotation.
What happens when YOU click the Quote button?

I live in South Carolina, behind a router. So, if the location is determined by IP address, then I guess I'm out of luck.

7Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Willyiam wrote:Don't tell me this is another application that only works with IE!!!
I use Firefox and will never use IE for security reasons. IE is a hackers dream.
When I press the Quote button, I see a "post reply" box with all the quotes inside blue lines and a brown background. There is no way I can pick just one quotation.

I live in South Carolina, behind a router. So, if the location is determined by IP address, then I guess I'm out of luck.

Actually, I never use IE either. At the moment, I'm using Google Chrome. 

When I press the Quote button, while I'm writing my reply, I see the same thing you see, the quotation inside a brownish box. When I Send the reply, the quoted material then appears above my reply in a blue-lined box. What so you see when you Send your reply?

I'm not sure what you mean by your not being able to pick one quotation.

8Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

Willyiam

Willyiam

Admin wrote:
Willyiam wrote:Don't tell me this is another application that only works with IE!!!

Actually, I never use IE either. At the moment, I'm using Google Chrome. 

When I press the Quote button, while I'm writing my reply, I see the same thing you see, the quotation inside a brownish box. When I Send the reply, the quoted material then appears above my reply in a blue-lined box. What so you see when you Send your reply?

I'm not sure what you mean by your not being able to pick one quotation.

As soon as I received your reply, I clicked on the Quote button, the "post reply" appeared with 2 quotes inside blue lined boxes. I went to the bottom of the box, clicked on the white space and started typing this reply. I have no idea what you're going to see.

9Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 am

Willyiam

Willyiam

Here's something interesting: Back to the "Who is Online?" button. When the world map appears, if you double-click near the pushpin of your choice, but not on the pushpin, the map will zoom in. If you keep zooming in, you can get to a street view. I zoomed in a few times on your pushpin and noticed that you live in Canada, somewhere near Mississauga.
I was born in Brampton, Ontario Canada and spent a good deal of my childhood in Toronto with my grandparents and on an island in Georgian Bay near the Eaton island. The Eaton's used to own the Eaton department stores.

10Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Willyiam wrote:Here's something interesting: Back to the "Who is Online?" button. When the world map appears, if you double-click near the pushpin of your choice, but not on the pushpin, the map will zoom in. If you keep zooming in, you can get to a street view. I zoomed in a few times on your pushpin and noticed that you live in Canada, somewhere near Mississauga.
I was born in Brampton, Ontario Canada and spent a good deal of my childhood in Toronto with my grandparents and on an island in Georgian Bay near the Eaton island. The Eaton's used to own the Eaton department stores.

The Eaton catalog was as integral to the Canadian identity as the beaver and the Hudson's Bay Company. Alas, Eaton stores are gone and the HBC is now owned by an American. 

My wife's family have an island in Georgian Bay, surely one of the most beautiful places on Earth. 

It's amazing how quickly people assimilate and normalize the most marvelous paradigm-shifting inventions, such as Google maps. I can't help but mentally gasp when via Google maps I walk around a neighborhood in some far part of the world I recently visited. If there is a news story I'm interested in that is tied to a specific location, I sometimes zoom in on it and the story takes on a reality it wouldn't otherwise have. Amazing. 

Google maps really is making the world smaller. Imagine, we can now set ourselves down on pretty much any street corner in the world and take a look around. Not in real-time, of course. That day may yet come.

As are forums such as this one that connect us, live, with people around the world. I sometimes think back to 1983 and earlier, before the advent of the home computer, the internet, and all the rest. For us old folk that wasn't long ago. And compared with now, it was such a different world. I recall running out of cash on a weekend. That sunk my plans for going out to dinner -- no way to get cash. I recall my mother speaking to someone in New York via the telephone -- we were all very impressed. And I recall exchanging letters with someone in Europe -- a process that took weeks in some cases. 

The internet's ability to make the world smaller exceeds that of telegraphy, the telephone, radio, and television.

11Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Willyiam

Willyiam

I couldn't agree with you more!!
Especially if you have high-speed internet. Satellite just doesn't hack it.
Oh well.
I'm still able to listen to Jackie's Youtube videos. That's all that counts.
I hope you take advantage of the island in Georgian Bay periodically. I have many fond memories when I was about 10, of rowing over to the Eaton's island and playing with one of their son's. Every weekend the Eaton Otter would bring in family and guests. Oh, if I only had that much money!!
Excuse me, I digress.
By the way, what happened yesterday when I couldn't post?

12Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Willyiam wrote:I couldn't agree with you more!!
Especially if you have high-speed internet. Satellite just doesn't hack it.
Oh well.
I'm still able to listen to Jackie's Youtube videos. That's all that counts.
I hope you take advantage of the island in Georgian Bay periodically. I have many fond memories when I was about 10, of rowing over to the Eaton's island and playing with one of their son's. Every weekend the Eaton Otter would bring in family and guests. Oh, if I only had that much money!!
Excuse me, I digress.
By the way, what happened yesterday when I couldn't post?

I didn't find anything amiss with the site, so I take it forumotion shut down their server for maintenance. They make no direct contact with their customers, although as you cans see from the links at the bottom of the page, it is possible to contact them.

13Print a Post Empty Print This Page Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

There is a Print this Page function in the drop down menu labelled Actions.

14Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Willyiam

Willyiam

Admin wrote:There is a Print this Page function in the drop down menu labelled Actions.

So I guess we're stuck with selection and Ctrl/P.

15Print a Post Empty Re: Print a Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:08 pm

Willyiam

Willyiam

Admin wrote:

Hi William,

I hate to admit defeat on anything, but on Print and Draft, I'm afraid I have to. There is no way for me to gain access to that page's code to add them. 

Forumotion (the folks who own the code) are aware of these oversights, but they've not yet done anything about them. 

There are ways to print posts, messy ones, that don't rely on this template. You probably already know about them, such as, press Ctrl + P on your keyboard.

I thought you had the Draft thing figured out. There is a Draft tab in my Profile, but, now that the Draft button is gone, I can't try it out.
What did you mean by admitting defeat on Draft?
Ok. I'm confused. The Draft button suddenly appeared and I was able click on Draft and then go into my profile, click on the Draft tab, click modify and then post.

OK. I just figured this out. If I click on the New Topic button in any forum, the Draft button is missing. If I click on the Post Reply button, the Draft button appears.
Also, If I click on the Edit button, the Draft button is missing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum