Best of Jackie on the Web Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Best of Jackie on the Web Forum

A Jackie Evancho Fan-Moderated Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jackie's New Album "Awakening" - Release date September 23rd 2014

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Willyiam

Willyiam

Jackie's new album "Awakening" will be released September 23 2014. Amazon Co UK has released a pre-order link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakening-Jackie-Evancho/dp/B00L4QYEGU
This link mentions that the album will be released September 22 2014.

Amazon.com has added free streaming of the entire Awakening album until September 22, 2014:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LHKF6WE/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Amazon.com has digital pre-order of 2 songs from the album (Think Of Me and The Rains of Castamere), both for $1.29, available now:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LHKF6WE/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

Amazon.com has a pre-order of Awakening CD Audio available now:
http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Jackie-Evancho/dp/B00L4QYEGU/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1405975720&sr=1-10&keywords=jackie+evancho

Jackie's Official Store has Awakening CD Audio for pre-order now:
http://www.myplaydirect.com/jackie-evancho/?cid=nl%3A970449103&utm_medium=email&utm_source=usmasterworks-jackieevancho&utm_campaign=email|970449103|20140718&utm_content=nllink-3a035687-Buy%20Now

The track listing of the new album:

1. Think of Me             4:06 (From Phantom Of The Opera)
2. Your Love               3:42
3. Je T'aime                4:55
4. Take Me There         4:15
5. Open Fields of Grace 3:38
6. Ave Maria               4:50
7. Memories                3:55
8. The Rains of Castamere 3:36
9. Dormi Jesu              3:25
10. Vocalise                5:06
11. With or Without You 4:23
12. Made to Dream       3:48 (Maybe Jackie's Composition)

Song                      Writer
Think of Me             ALW
Your Love               Morricone
Je t'aime                Rick Allison
Take Me There        Johan Oberholzer
Open Fields of Grace Lisa Venkatrathnam & Paul Sumares
Ave Maria               Caccini/Vavilov
Memories                Martinus Speirenburg & Robert Westerholt
TROC                     Djawadi
Dormi Jesu              traditional
Vocalise                  Rachmaninoff
With or Without You  U2
Made to Dream         Jean-Pierre Steyn

There will probably be a Deluxe version of the album with added tracks.
These are familiar:

Think of Me
Je T'aime
Ave Maria
The Rains of Castamere
Dormi Jesu
Vocalise

This is probably Jackie's original composition:

Made to Dream

At the 1:45 mark, Jackie mentions the title of her composition: "Made to Dream"
www.dropbox.com/s/s9pkjw4fcfgaif3/Entertainment%20US%20First%20Song%20pt%201%20%7C%20AP%20Archive.mp4

The following are not so obvious. Some have multiple versions of the song title and others just cannot be found with a Google search.

Your Love
Take Me There
Open Fields of Grace
Memories
With or Without You

The following are Youtube examples of other artists performing the tracks on Jackie's album:

Dormi Jesu - Kathleen Battle:

With or Without You - 2Cellos:

Your Love - Andrea Bocelli:

Je t'aime - Lara Fabian:

Vocalise - Natalie Dessay:

Last edited by Willyiam on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17 am; edited 6 times in total

2Jackie's New Album "Awakening" - Release date September 23rd 2014 Empty Just Released Album Cover Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Willyiam

Willyiam

Willyiam

Willyiam

Portrait Release Link: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26070997/jackie-evancho-releases-new-album-awakening-on-september-23

SOURCE Portrait/Sony Music Masterworks

Featuring Classical Crossover Favorites, Popular Hits + Originals

Release Coincides With International Tour + New PBS Special

NEW YORK, July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Platinum-selling, 14-year-old vocal sensation Jackie Evancho will release her third studio album, Awakening, on September 23 coinciding with an international tour. Produced by Nick Patrick, Awakening is Evancho's first album under her recent worldwide recording agreement with Sony Music Masterworks imprint Portrait. In August, she will film a new PBS Special which is set to air in December.

Awakening signals some new directions for Evancho. Without foregoing the beautiful and lush classical-crossover compositions for which Evancho has become famous, she also extends her stylistic reach with contemporary material on songs such as the haunting folk song "The Rains of Castamere" from HBO's hit series Game of Thrones. She also takes a bigger step forward on her version of U2's "With or Without You." Moreover, Evancho sings several original songs including the anthem "Take Me There" and "Open Fields of Grace."

"Some of these songs are more on the pop side, and have a little faster beat than the songs I usually sing - but it was really fun."

She also tackles the ethereal ballad "Memories" by the Dutch band, Within Temptation, in addition to the popular classic "Think of Me" from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera.

"That's how it started for me," says Evancho. "When I first saw the Phantom movie I was inspired by the way the actors sang and really wanted to try to sing like that too. Their passion must have got to me!"

Awakening's classical standards include Caccini/Vavilov's "Ave Maria" and Rachmaninoff's "Vocalise."

"I'd never sung Rachmaninoff's 'Vocalise' before," says Evancho. "It was fun for me because there aren't any words to learn, so I could focus on the beauty of the music."

Distinguishing Awakening from her previous albums, Evancho relays that there were "no limits" thematically or otherwise on the songs that she and Portrait placed on repertoire.

"Of course there are always going to be some classical pieces, but I wanted to reinvent the pop songs and make them my own," she says. "The only thing that mattered was that the song spoke to me."

She credits producer Patrick for his understanding of her goals on Awakening.

"We all wanted to find a balance that would present Jackie in all that she is as an artist," says Patrick. "'Vocalise' is very challenging and 'Ave Maria' requires the singer to really take control for it to sound beautiful. She is able to do that, but also make the big transition from the classical songs to more contemporary songs like 'With or Without You' or 'Memories.' On this album, Jackie carries the listener with her quite seamlessly, naturally, convincingly, and believably. She's a remarkable singer for someone so young, but she'd be no more remarkable if she were 30."

As for the production of Awakening, Patrick strived to capture Evancho's "emotional intensity and technique."

"It was great to shape everything around that voice, lighting it up atmospherically without stepping on it arrangement-wise," he says. "She has such an otherworldly quality of mystery, beauty, fantasy and wonderment, and we wanted everything to complement, not overpower, her voice."

Indeed, Evancho and Patrick have succeeded in re-energizing the classical-crossover genre.

"I feel that my singing style has matured, and it's easier for me to feel comfortable on stage," says the admittedly shy Evancho, who lately has taken up painting and is also trying her hand at songwriting.

"I have a lot to write about because I have a lot for which to be thankful," she says, looking ahead now to her forthcoming tour in support of Awakening.

"I'm excited about it," she concludes. "Tours equal tour bus, and tour bus equals fun!"

Throughout the Summer Jackie is also doing a special promotion with the tween clothing stores Justice. She recorded a brand new song called "Go Time" which is available for download exclusively for free to Justice shoppers. She will also be featured in the Summer catazine as well as in stores on the video monitors.

About Jackie Evancho:
Evancho dazzled American television audiences at age 10 gaining global recognition with her stunning debut on NBC's America's Got Talent. She was immediately signed to Columbia Records where she released a string of successful recordings including O Holy Night, Dream With Me, Heavenly Christmas and Songs From The Silver Screen. She has since acted in Robert Redford's The Company You Keep alongside Susan Sarandon, Shia LeBeouf and Nick Nolte, and performed as a special guest in Cirque du Soleil's "One Night for One Drop" benefit at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. She also starred in the Fall 2012 GUESS Kids clothing campaign, and in June, she performed the classic film song "Over the Rainbow" at the prestigious Songwriters Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Evancho has also participated in the lighting of the National Christmas Tree in Washington, D.C., where she delighted President and Mrs. Obama. She performed before 100,000 people in Russia with opera stars Dmitri Hvorostovsky and Sumi Jo prior to the opening of the St. Petersburg Economic Forum, and has performed in Japan before the Royal Family at the Imperial Palace. Her first PBS special was one of the top pledge producing performances in PBS history. Her wide-ranging achievements caused Billboard to include her on its list of "music movers-and-shakers under the age of 21" in 2011 and 2012.

Track Listing
1 Think of Me
2 Your Love
3 Je T'aime
4 Take Me There
5 Open Fields of Grace
6 Ave Maria
7 Memories
8 The Rains of Castamere
9 Dormi Jesu
10 Vocalise
11 With or Without You
12 Made to Dream

Sony Music Masterworks comprises Masterworks, Sony Classical, OKeh, Portrait, Masterworks Broadway and Flying Buddha imprints. For email updates and information please visit www.SonyMasterworks.com.

www.JackieEvancho.com | @JackieEvancho | Facebook.com/jackieevancho

©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.

Willyiam

Willyiam

From magique over at Amazon:

"Awakening Review, A Beginning

Jackie Evancho's "Awakening" CD is exquisite, powerful, a soaring series of anthems to hope, joy, transcendent beauty, with wistful pauses. It is the most astonishing testament to Jackie's vocal powers which we have seen to date. Though Jackie's voice will no doubt continue to grow, it's easy to wonder how she will top what we find on "Awakening." For those imagining Jackie's use of her upper range was gone for good with "Songs From The Silver Screen," this is a wake-up call. I think only "The Rains of Castamere" and "With or Without You" were in her lower soprano range. (Note to all: I don't have the CD yet so may be revising later).

"Think of Me" is very solid, holding up well, her third Phantom song in three studio albums. That this was sung as a duet at the Longwood PBS recording and is not a duet here is a mystery. As is the fact that, as best I can tell, unlike "Dream With Me" and "Songs From The Silver Screen" there are no duets or special musicians on "Awakening." Clearly, many Jackie fans are happy to have only her voice and gladly do without "special" guests. "Your Love" was lovely, and quite heartfelt. It might have been a vocalise, but that is an almost insignificant matter in the context of the grandeur of this CD.

"Open Fields of Grace" fulfills the promise of its title, and is oddly, to me, almost a secondary title to the CD. The Caccini "Ave Maria" is immaculate and sweet, the third "Ave Maria" Jackie has recorded. I'd love to put it on infinite replay. "Memories" is one of several adult contemporary numbers Jackie recorded here, "Je t'aime," "Take Me There," and "Made to Dream" are others. "The Rains of Castamere" fits in nicely in "Awakening;" Jackie has taken it beyond it's origin in "The Game of Thrones;" it's atmosphere is damp, dark, bewildering yet oddly pure. It will amuse me if, in the future, it is mostly known as a song which Jackie Evancho sings.

"Dormi Jesu" has an orchestral accompaniment which utterly melts me every time I hear it. It is very similar to the work of movie composer John Barry (you may remember him for his score to "Somewhere In Time," now a cult favorite). On technical merit, Kathleen Battle gets my nod, but for sheer beauty and intimacy of voice, Jackie wins easily. The following "Vocalise" is a demanding, haunting Rachmaninoff piece (fully five minutes long) which Jackie triumphs with. I'm torn between best loving that or the Caccini "Ave Maria," or "Dormi Jesu." All make tremendous demands upon Jackie's high range, but each is carefully wrought and emanates immense control.

For the Jackie rock fans, the wait to hear Jackie's "With or Without You" is over. It is not an all-out rock treatment, though it surely rocks. The only full-out rock number of the album, Jackie adds her own distinct treatment, her own unique sensibilities and elegant sadness. It is a Jackie "With or Without You;" U2 already gave it a shot. "Made to Dream" is for me, with "Open Fields of Grace," something of a subtitle to the "Awakening" title. She sings "I close my eyes, and let the dreams I have take flight," and with her more adult, expansive feelings, intuitions, and deeply intimate treatments of these songs, the "Prelude to a Dream" and "Dream With Me" era comes to a gentle close. She has fully let the dreams she had take flight in "Awakening," and we're lucky to be living at a time when we can hear and be entirely mesmerized by Jackie Evancho's monumental "Awakening" album. This is a CD for the ages."

5Jackie's New Album "Awakening" - Release date September 23rd 2014 Empty Billboard Exclusive Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Willyiam

Willyiam

YOUR LOVE
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6259122/jackie-evancho-your-love-awakening-once-upon-time-west-premiere-exclusive

Former America's Got Talent star Jackie Evancho's voice keeps getting better and better. She wowed American audiences on the NBC show at the age of 10, and now at 14, she isn't slowing down. Evancho has a new album called Awakening out Sept. 23, and she's premiering one of its tracks today, exclusively via Billboard.

Evancho is covering "Your Love," the Ennio Morricone-composed song from the classic 1969 film, Once Upon a Time In the West. Evancho's stratospheric vocals are of course impressive for someone her age, though pipes like this are incredible for just about anyone.

The album, which drops via the Sony Music Masterworks imprint Portrait, also features covers of Game of Thrones theme "The Rains of Castamere," Phantom of the Opera's "Think of Me," and U2's "With Or Without You." The album also features several original songs, as Evancho experiments with different songwriting approaches.

"Of course there are always going to be some classical pieces, but I wanted to reinvent the pop songs and make them my own," Evancho says in a press release. "The only thing that mattered was that the song spoke to me."

Speaking on the track list, producer Nick Patrick notes that Evancho was searching for a collection that would present the whole of her artistry. "'Vocalise' is very challenging and `Ave Maria' requires the singer to really take control for it to sound beautiful," he says. "She is able to do that, but also make the big transition from the classical songs to more contemporary songs like `With or Without You' or `Memories.'"

6Jackie's New Album "Awakening" - Release date September 23rd 2014 Empty Awakening Lyrics Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Willyiam

Willyiam

Think of Me

Think of me, think of me fondly,
When we've said goodbye.
Remember me once in a while, 
Please promise me you'll try.

When you find that once again you long
To take your heart back and be free, 
If you ever find a moment,
Spare a thought for me.

We never said our love was evergreen,
Or as unchanging as the sea, 
But if you can still remember, 
Stop and think of me. 

Think of all the things
We've shared and seen. 
Don't think about the way things
Might have been. 

Think of me, think of me waking,
Silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying too hard
To push you from my mind.

Recall those days, 
Look back on all those times,
Think of the things we'll never do. 
There will never be a day
When I won't think of you. 

Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade, 
They have their seasons, so do we, 
But please promise me that sometimes 
You will think of me.

Your Love

I woke and you were there
Beside me in the night.
You touched me and calmed my fear,
Turned darkness into light.

I woke and saw you there
Beside me as before.
My heart leapt to find you near,
To feel you close once more,
To feel your love once more.

Your strength has made me strong,
Though life tore us apart.
And now when the night seems long,
Your love shines in my heart.
Your love shines in my heart.

Je T’aime

French lyrics

D'accord, il existait
D'autres façons de se quitter
Quelques éclats de verre
Auraient peut-être pu nous aider
Dans ce silence amer
J'ai décidé de pardonner
Les erreurs qu'on peut faire
À trop s'aimer

D'accord souvent la petite fille
En moi souvent te réclamait
Presque comme une mère
Tu me bordais, me protégeais
Je t'ai volé ce sang
Qu'on aurait pas dû partager
À bout de mots, de rêves
Je vais crier

Je t'aime, Je t'aime
Comme un fou, comme un soldat
Comme une star de cinéma
Je t'aime, je t'aime
Comme un loup, comme un roi
Comme un homme que je ne suis pas
Tu vois, je t'aime comme ça

D'accord, je t'ai confié
Tous mes sourires, tous mes secrets
Même ceux, dont seul un frère
Est le gardien inavoué
Dans cette maison de pierre
Satan nous regardait danser
J'ai tant voulu la guerre
De corps qui se faisaient la paix

Je t'aime, Je t'aime
Comme un fou comme un soldat
Comme une star de cinéma
Je t'aime, je t'aime,

Je t'aime, Je t'aime
Comme un fou comme un soldat
Comme une star de cinéma
Je t'aime, je t'aime,

English translation
I admit, there existed
Other ways of parting from each other
A little glass-breaking
Might have helped us
In this bitter silence
I decided to forgive
The errors that we made
Loving too much

I admit, the little girl
Inside of me asked you
Almost like a mother
You tucked me in, you sheltered me
I stole you from this blood
That we never should have shared
Lost for words, for dreams
I will cry

(refrain)
I love you, I love you
Like a fool, like a soldier
Like a movie star
I love you, I love you
Like a wolf, like a king
Like the man that I am not
You see, I love you like this

I admit, I trusted you with
All my smiles, all my secrets,
Even those you give only
to a brother to guard.
In this house of stone
Satan watched us dancing
So I wanted a war
Of bodies that made peace

(refrain)
I love you, I love you
Like a fool, like a soldier
Like a movie star
I love you, I love you
Like a wolf, like a king
Like a man that I am not

Take Me There

When the days seem darker
And the nights more cold,
All the fear is broken
When there’s you to hold.

Never doubt or question
What I feel for you.
You will not be certain
I will follow through.

Take me there.
Take me there with you.
I don’t know where
But I’ll follow too.

So take me there.
Take me there with you.

With the road wide open,
And the daybreak near,
I could never fathom
Life without you here.

Take me there.
Take me there with you.
I don’t know where
But I’ll follow too.

So take me there.
Take me there with you.

I will see you through
Everything you do.
Take me there.
Take me there with you.

Open Fields of Grace

Last night I saw you running
In the open fields of grace.
No longer were you broken or in pain.

The wind blew kisses through your hair,
You laughed with beauty unaware.
I wish I could be there with you.

Last night I heard you singing
No longer were you silent or afraid.

Your voice was in the sentence strong,
And you proclaimed love’s ancient song.
Oh teach me how to sing along with you.

When tears are but a memory,
We’ll run so far the children find the sun.

Dancing in broad daylight,
As night fades away.

Last night I saw you running
Someday I’ll be running there with you.

Ave Maria
Lyrics: “Ave Maria”

Memories

In this world you tried
Not leaving me alone behind
There's no other way
I'll pray to the gods: let him stay
The memories ease the pain inside
Now I know why

[Chorus]
All of my memories
Keep you near
In silent moments
Imagine you'd be here
All of my memories
Keep you near
The silent whispers, silent tears

Made me promise I'd try
To find my way back in this life
I hope there is a way
To give me a sign you're okay
Reminds me again
It's worth it all
So I can go home

[Chorus]

Together in all these memories
I see your smile
All the memories I hold dear
Darling you know I love you till the end of time

[Chorus]

All of my memories...

The Rains of Castamere

Castamere… Castamere...
And who are you, the proud lord said,
That I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
That's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
A lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
As long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
That Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
And no one’s there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
With not a soul’s to hear.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
That Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
And no one’s there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
And not a soul’s to hear.

Dormi Jesu

Latin:
Dormi, Jesu! Mater ridet,
Quae tam dulcem somnum videt.

Si non dormis, Mater plorat,
Inter fila cantans orat.

Dormi, Jesu! blandule!
Blande, veni, somnule.

Dormi, Jesu! blandule!
Blande, veni, somnule.

Dormi, Jesu! blandule!
Blande, veni, somnule.

Dormi, Jesu! blandule!
Blande, veni, somnule.

Dormi, Jesu! blandule!
Blande, veni, somnule.

Dormi, Jesu! blandule!
Blande, veni, somnule.

English translation:
Sleep, sweet babe! my cares beguiling:
Mother sits beside thee smiling;

Sleep, my darling, tenderly!
If thou sleep not, mother mourneth,
Singing as her wheel she turneth:

Come, soft slumber, balmily!

Vocalise

Sung without lyrics.

With or Without You

See the stone
Set in your eyes
See the thorn
Twist in your side
I wait for you

Sleight of hand
And twist of fate
On a bed of nails
He makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm
We reach the shore
You give it your all
But I want more
And I'm waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live with or without you

And you give yourself away
And you give...
And you give...

My hands are tied
My body bruised
He's got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose

And you give...

With or without you
With or without you

Ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah
Ah

With or without you
With or without you
With or without you
With or without you

Made to Dream

There are times I close my eyes
And wish upon a star.
I tell myself my fairytale’s
Not far, not far.

I close my eyes
And look deep inside,
Let the dreams that I have take flight.
I lift up my head and just believe,
Knowing I was made to dream.

From now on, my life’s my song
And I write the words.
My moment will come
And until then, I’ll hold on, I’ll hold on.

I close my eyes
And look deep inside,
Let the dreams that I have take flight.
I lift up my head and just believe,
Knowing I was made to dream.

Made to dream,
To live my goals,
To be counted for, to stand,
Knowing you’ll take my hand.

I’m here, I was made for this, to sing
’Til I have no voice at all.
’Til the dream makes me whole.